Slideshow - Colorado Trip

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Desi Observation

Just today we were watching a show on HGTV where an Indian girl was looking for a house. She was using the word "like" in almost each sentence! It seems inocous when you don't pay attention, but it is funny once you expect the word to be used. For example, some of the sentences she used were:
- This is like, pretty nice
- I can like, use it as a guest bedroom
- Can you like, show me something closer to downtown

It drew my attention that we do use to tend this word a lot! This along with "you know". Obviously we use them because for a second we are at a loss of words. But what I am not sure is why ALL of us end up using these two words specifically! I mean why can't we use something like, you know different? ;-)

No comments: