Slideshow - Colorado Trip

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Out of Place

I look around, and everything seems to be in place. The majestic trees are standing tall. The geese are taking tiny steps on the grass. The crescent shaped moon is lighting the night. I mean everything is just in place, serving its purpose. At times like this it strikes me like a bolt of lightning that I am so out of place. I feel small, insecure and alone. It might be insecure twenties (as Sookie said in her blog), but I feel there is more to it. I feel it’s a far more personal thing, and that these very moments decide who we really are. In normal times, I cannot tell myself from any other guy.

Well, today is turning out to be a pretty bad day. In the morning decided to talk to a friend. Tried a dozen times, but the phone was out of range. I didn’t think of it much at that time, but as I am writing this, I am realizing that the start of the day itself went bad. After that I got hit by three personal problems over a period of time. Each of them makes me feel insecure. I wonder if that’s how the life is meant to be lived. I believe in nature, and I believe in God. I believe each and every living/non-living thing has a purpose, and each moment is part of a journey. So the question is, why I am here, and where am I going? But all I have as of now are questions. Only questions, no answers. Clouds have covered the moon and it’s very dark out there.

8 comments:

Sookie said...

Dear V,
You have put in the questions what most of them out there are wondering about. Every problem be it professional or personal we face shreds an inch of our innocence and vulernability. I guess we have just started our education. The subject being 'Life'
Take it easy.
Sookie.

Aslan said...

sooper post. yeah even i'm going thru a phase of insecurity.

Anonymous said...

Cloud's covered the moon,
dark is the moment now,
yet the hidden beauty despairs not,
stays put,trying and waiting,
not wasting a chance to peek through,
in connivance with wind,
drifts the enemy away,
the cloud is astray and helpless,
So shall your cloud of troubles,
clear it will for sure,
despair not,Worry Not,
For you are in Elysium,
Nothing to Lose,Nothing to Gain,
just keep trying,
for we are all dead,
the moment we were born.

Vithal said...

Why are you here?

To find out why you are here.

Where are you going?

Answer similar to the previous one;)

Prakash said...

Good dude
This was exactly what my latest blog was all about. It's all "DESTINY" :-)

pophabhi said...

Insecure twenties is just a myth. Its going to turn more insecure from experiences of great people. So cherish, Venkat - although you might not belong to places many a times. But we have ourselves and this beautiful world to pull ourselves up, rite?

Anuj said...

hey venky hang in there :) Hope u r back to the normal carefree self

Anonymous said...

Quarter life crisis buddy
:-)