Slideshow - Colorado Trip

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Change is all around!

It was not long ago when I was a die hard fan of cricket. And today I dont care much about it. Part of it happened because of match fixing scandal. And rest of it happened because watching cricket was not that easy anymore!

If you like sports, you cannot stay away from it for a long time. So naturally my interest shifted to Tennis. Oh I just love it! Even when I was a kid, I used to like it. I used to follow Sampras, Steffi Graff, Agassi, Monica Seles.. even Chang!! Agassi and Seles were my favorites for some reason. Maybe because they were underdogs. Even this has changed now. I like Federer. Actually that would be an understatement!! But does anyone has words to describe this guy??! I first watched him play when I was in Bangalore. And he has been my favorite ever since!! Its not my fault though..How can you help it when God himself is writing poetry in middle of the court!

I always wanted to play tennis! Got a chance here in US, and I am making full use of it!! Every evening is busy thanks to tennis :-). Ofcourse I feel the pain in legs when I come back from the court, but the thing that counts is that I feel no pain when I enter the court :)

3 comments:

pophabhi said...

Remembering the days when I also used to play on holidays and some evenings with you in one of those 8 beautiful tennis courts near Avondale!

Syed Siddique Sharaf said...

he he ... "pain in the legs"
will always remember the bumpy cycle ride ;)

Aslan said...

i played y'day :) wipro sarjapur corp hq. super hardcourt. 2 hrs continuous rallying with one "best of 4 games", which we won :D i'm so happy today, in spite of the 1-day-weekend.