Slideshow - Colorado Trip

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Searching Abhishek Jain

It all started (and ended) in my +1 at DAV college Jalandhar. Abhishek Jain used to live in a room adjacent to mine (165 if I still remember) in MC Hostel. Those were the days when i had started living on my own, and i had no idea about Abhishek too. As it happened, his reputation preceeded him!! The dude joined DAV for his commerce in +1. After that he topped DAV and university by setting records for maximum marks ever in each class!! If its amazing, then you are missing the point :)
He is three times world record holder in typewriting. After winning three times, I guess he got bored and didnt participate further (maybe wanted to give others some chance ;)..).. Not only this, he prepared hard for some 1 month for his CS exams. I used to have small chats with him. I used to get some tips from him. He was inspiring, but I was also like a chikna gharra.. All the talks used to run over me :)..
Anyway the dude said that he might pass the exam, and he was right. Only that in the process he got 3rd rank all over India!! To add to it, he wrote his IAS some years later, but was unable to beat the 3rd rank he got in CS. Anyway he matched it!!
Anyway I had chance to interact with him only in my +1. After that he did come once to college on prize distribution. We talked for a short while at that time. But that has been it since then.
I have bored many of my friends in my college (REC Trichy) about him. It all bore fruit in my final year, when one of my friend Pawan, came to me with paper in his hand, and said that Abhishek of Jalandhar has secured 3rd place in IAS. I knew that it could not be any one else!! But the papers got the facts wrong. Abhishek is not from Jalandhar, but from Gurraiyan. Anyway I have been searching about him on net from my 1st year in college, and am still continuing. I do get to read tid-bits about him in papers, but its difficult to catch hold of his email-id :(
Anyway will keep trying. Dont know how long will it take though!!
If anyone of you can help me out, obviously I will be more than happy!!
Anyway all the best (he doesnt need it ;)) to Abhishek, and congrats for your success so far :) :) :)

6 comments:

Anuj said...

Yes u have bored me too !!!

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2002/20020517/cth2.htm#3

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

http://in.news.yahoo.com/050327/43/2kegm.html

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

http://www.time.com/time/international/1996/960826/people.html

Anonymous said...

He is currently posted as DC hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh

Abhishek Jain said...

Hi, I am Abhishek Jain. You can contact me at flyingfinger@yahoo.com