Slideshow - Colorado Trip

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Movies in Auburn HIlls

One good thing about paying taxes in US is that you see them being utilized. The roads are good, cops do their duty (thats bad sometimes :(..), even government officials work with speed and without bribes!!
Anyway take for example the library in Auburn Hills. The membership is free, and the library is pretty good too. There is a good collection of books and movies. Yes, i said movies!! One can find even few hindi movies. Actually they have a section of movies in foreign langauages. So we can see good movies from other languages too! You see, language is no longer a bar :)
I have seen many movies already. And the good thing is that there are hundreds of good old english movies. New movies are avaliable all over the world, but the problem comes when you have to see a classic! These movies were not available in cd stores in India. So i am lucky to be here to see them.
To list a few of them, I have seen - Dead man walking, I am Sam, The green mile, Lost in translation, Wag the dog, etc etc.
Out of these I am sam, and dead man walking are real good. Sean Penn features in both, and Susan in the latter. My advice is 'do see them!!'. I owe thanks to abhilash for initiating me into movies, and giving me the right direction ;). He has even prepared a list of movies along with ranking!! Hmmm, I am going to use that list to the max for sure :) Do let know if you need the list!

2 comments:

Aslan said...

what about 'the green mile' man?! thats a lovely movie n' one of my fave actor's [no prizes for guessing who]

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

The Green Mile is a great movie bcoz of john coffey. Obv tom hanks is superb too!! Man, what a range this guy has!! he is not like other hollywood buggers, who can do only comedy or only action stuff...u know whom i am referring too..! i will keep u updated with the movies that i see :).. and if u have not seen many sean penn movies, then do watch them.. he is also as good as tom hanks!! Take my word for it!