Slideshow - Colorado Trip

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

IMDB Rank 1 - The Shawshank Redemption

Before I review this movie, just wanted to clear that the rankings are not mine. If I have to rank the movies then it would be a somewhat different list. The rankings are arrived at by averaging the general rating given by viewers (over 2 lakh votes!)

Now back to Shawshank Redemption. I have seen this movie many times now, and I still dont get tired of it. Wow, what a movie!! This movie ranks in "my" top 5!! Director Frank Darabont has directed a classic!! And Tim Robbins ad Morgan Freeman have given performance of a lifetime!! The USP of this movie are its dialogues. They are just awesome. Who can ever forget Red's dialogue -
"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

Scene I liked best? - Oh God, there are so many! Still this one stands out. Lawyer accuses Andy on how "conveniently" the gun couldnot be found. To this Andy replies "Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly *inconvenient* that the gun was never found."

2 comments:

Syed Siddique Sharaf said...

This is one of my favorites!

pophabhi said...

As I used to tell you, even after watching this one for 25 times, I still have it in me to see it another 25 times! Best movie ever!

And the dialogue that you caught was unnoticed by many, but I really loved it.